Chulu East Peak
The climb of Chulu East is often combines with the classic Annapurna circuit Trek, The approached to base camp is from the village of Manang. The common route to the summit is via the north- east Ridge which was climbed in 1995 by a German Expendition.Chul East is situated high above the Manang valley with breathtaking views across to the Annapuras ll,lll and lV, Gangapurna, Glacier Dome, Dhalagiri, Tilicho Peak and manaslu.Chulu East requires previous alpine experience with crossing of fractured glacial terrain and steep scree slopes to gain the main high summit ridge.
There is a second peak on the Chulu East permit called Chulu Far East (6,060 m) whch guide Jamie McGuinness states “should be the ‘island peak’ of the Annapurnas, straightforward yet fun.” Both peaks share the same base camp. Note that groups often climb chulu far east instead of chulu East.Beyond the common ridge route, there is also a route that climbs the East Ridge (AD+) which requires a high camp, and a route that ascends the south east Ridge (D). Botth require different base camps.
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters).
Day 02: Drive to Chamje (1425m): 6/7 hours by jeep.
Day 03: Chamje to Dharapani (1960m).
Day 04: Dharapani to Chame (2710m).
Day 05: Chame to Pisang (3300m).
Day 06: Pisang- julu 3490m.
Day 07: Acclimatization at julu.
Day 08: Julu- Yak Kharka.
Day 09: Yak Kharka-Base camp 4200m.
Day 10: Preparation day at Base camp.
Day 11: Base camp to High camp (5334m).
Day 12: Summit the Chulu East (6584m) and back to the Base Camp.
Day 13: Trek to Manang (3440m).
Day 14: Trek to Leder
Day 15: Trek to High Camp (4900m).
Day 16: Thorong Phedi - Thorong Pass (5416m) - Muktinath (3800m).
Day 17: Trek to Jomsom (2715m).
Day 18: Scenic morning fly to Pokhara and Sightseeing.
Day 19: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 20: Leisure day in Kathmandu.
Day 21: Final Departure.
- Climbing gears
- Climbing harness
- Ice axe
- Mountaineering boots
- AscenderDescender/Abseil device
- Snow bar
- Ice hammer
- Helmet (optional)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Fleece jacket with wind-Stopper
- Waterproof shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (can hire here in Nepal also)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees Fahrenheit
- Trekking poles (sticks)
- Trek bag-pack Soul Himalaya Treks.
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Daypack (approximately 2,500 to 3,000 cubic inches)
- Thermo-rest sleeping pad
- Water bottles
- Small wash towel
- Quick drying towel (medium sized)
- Soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Tooth brush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Face and body moisturizer
- Nail clippers
- Small mirror
- Tissue paper/ toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial Hand wash
- Extras/ luxuries
- Trail Map/Guide book
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks