Everest Base Camp is probably the best known, and one of the most popular treks in the world. It follows the trail used by the first mountaineers who summited Everest. On this trail, you will see nature in all its wild and powerful glory, from the high Himalayan peaks - thrust up by tectonic forces as the Indian subcontinent collided with Eurasia - to the deep canyons carved out by rivers and glaciers. Our tour begins in Kathmandu where we will visit cultural and historical monuments and places of interest. The next day we drive from Kathmandu to Bhandar where our trek begins. We trek from Bhandar to Sete and Junbesi, which are traditional Sherpa villages. We pass through beautiful alpine forests along river valleys.
We follow the trail that leads to Nunthala and trek further to reach Bupsa. The trail further continues until we reach Surke and then to Phakding. From Phakding we travel to Namche Bazaar and enter the Bravura region offering great views of the spectacular Himalayan range. Leaving Namche behind we trek along a high path where we have our first sight of Mt. Everest. Walking further we reach Thyangboche Monastery – home to Buddhist Monks. Steady walking following the glacier takes us to Lobuche from where we get to see the panorama of Mt. Ama Dablam, Taweche. Hiking further we reach Gorak Shep. We continue our journey to reach the famous vantage point, Kala Patthar, which offers a unique and wonderful panoramic view of the world's tallest mountains.
Highlights of the trek:
- Get up close and personal with the tallest mountains on the Earth and get a first-hand experience of its majestic stature.
- Get the thrill of hiking along the trails used by the very first mountaineers to scale the giant Everest.
- Experience the rich Sherpa Culture of the Everest Region.
- Get immersed in the beauty of the fauna and flora that inhabit the region.
- Enjoy the numerous thundering rivers that flow down from the impressive glaciers of the Himalayas.