Everest Base Camp Trek
- Country: NEPAL
- Trip grade: MODERAT
- Destination: EVERST REGION
- Activities: TREKKING AND CULTURAL HIKE
- Accommodation: GOOD HOTEL IN KATHMABDU AND GENERAL GUEST HOUSE DRING THE TREK
- Meals: INCLOUDES DORNG THE TREK
- Maximum altitude: 5365M
- Group size: MINI 5-MAXI 15
- Best Season: ATUM AND SPERING
Truly blessed by the prominent magnetism, Everest Region offers a wide array of treks which falls in the North-Eastern part of the country. The higher altitudes of Khumbu to the base of Sagarmatha, walkthrough the hills of Solulets, one unleashes the beauty of the Himalayas. As it is fairly known that walking through the trails of Mountain Everest is one of the most fascinating treks, it lets one explore four out of eight tallest peaks Namely Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu and Mt. Cho yu. The geographical and cultural feature of this region casts a magical spell on every traveler that visits this region. This region is very popular for varieties of trails namely Everest Base camp Trekking, Kala-patthar trekking, Gokyo-Ri trekking, Everest high pass trekking, Gokyo valley Tyangboche trekking and many more.
The trekking in Everest region is found to be the most challenging trek in Nepal because of its high altitude. This tempting region is a home for varieties of flora and fauna.Juniper, pine, firs, bamboo, birch, rhododendron are found in the lower forest region. The entire national park looks colorful with different species of plants that bloom after the rainy season in June. The best time to trek this region is from October to November and from March to May, when the weather stays at its best unleashing the wild flowers mostly Rohododendrons. This region is also a terrain for many animals; they are capable of being adjusted in the chilled climate. Snow leopard, Musk deer, Himalayan black bear, mountain fix, wild yak are among the major wild animals found around the National park. Along with the plants and animals this region has numerous species of birds and reptiles. There is no doubt that this region will be a funfilled adventurous journey for you. The towering snowcapped mountains and the spectacular scenes will make the journey worth the hard walks and trails.
After the arrival of you're at Tribhuwan International Airport, our customer receiving member will greet with attractive preparations and will drive you up to the booked hotel from the means of your comfort. If your arrival is accurate as planned then, we will also take you to well-hygienic restaurant along with opportunity to take a short glimpse over the taste of foods, entertaining dances, etc. of different ethnic castes of Nepal and if the arrival is late then we may do this in next day. Next day morning, you will be taken to the head office and you will be told about your trekking routes, activities, destinations and their time periods briefly. Then, we will introduce you to your trekking guide. .
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and trek preparation (1,350m)
in day second , you will taken to a full day tour of Kathmandu city after your breakfast where you will be briefly told about each destination centers like about their history, area, founder, time of establishment, etc. and also your extra curiosities on certain sectors by trekking guide. You will be taken to places that are included in world heritage sites by UNESCO like Boudhanath, Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, etc. After finishing the city tour, we will meet again to check your clothing and trekking equipment (sleeping bag, jacket and trekking boots). We will actually be spending nights also in Kathmandu
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2840m)—35 minutes, and trek to Phakding (2610m) – 3 hours
After breakfast, we will take a domestic flight to Lukla airport in a domestic airlines. This is the point from which we start our trek. The flight will take an estimated 45 minutes. The best 45 minutes of your life is accompanied by mind staggering views of Mighty Himalayas, Mt. Everest, Mt/ Kanchanjunga III, Mt. Makalu, etc. After we land in the Lukla Airport, we begin our trek. We will head towards Phakding(2610m). The trek takes about 3 hours to complete and we will stay at a local lodge in Phakding.
Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche (3446m) – 5 hours
This day, we will have an early start. We follow the trail provided by the Dudh Koshi river as we ascend throught the steeps and to the Namche Bazaar the headquarter of the Solukhumbu district, which is a perfect example of dream land for tourists. We will also cross the Hillary suspension bridge in our way. Along the way, we will be accompanied by high mountains, interesting Buddhist culture of the local Sherpa People, natural beauty and many more. We will stay at a local lodge or guest house in the Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Rest Day at Namche Bazaar
Since you and your body might have never experienced such a high altitude environment till now, you have to give your body the chance to adapt with the new environment. So, we spend this day acclimatizing to the higher elevation as altitude sickness can sometimes be quite serious and dangerous. The day will not be spent just lying around (unless you want to), but we will hike to Everest Viewpoint for a magnificent view of Mt. Everest. From here, you will see the spectacular peaks of Everest, Ama Dablam, Nuptse and many more. It is only a two hour hike to Everest Viewpoint and we will spend a few hours there enjoying the view as well as having lunch. We will return to Namche Bazaar where you can spend the afternoon exploring this delightful village. There is a lot to see here. We will spend the night in our local guest house.
Day 06: Trek from Namche to Tengboche (3867m) – 5 hours
We start trekking after a hearty breakfast with a destination of what could be considered the spiritual center of the Everest Region: Tengboche. Here there is the highest Buddhist monastery in the world. It is a place filled with mystery and spirituality. One of the highlights is the preserved footprint of St. Milarepa, one of the most famous of the Buddhist lamas who brought Tibetan Buddhism to Nepal. We will overnight in a mountain lodge. Trekking time is 7 hours
Day 07: Trek from Tengboche to Pheriche (4252m) – 6 hours
This day, we will trek from Tengboche to Pheriche. Today's trail takes us upwards while enjoying close-up views of the awesome and splendid high peaks of the Himalayas. We cross the Imja Khola River today and make our way to the scenic village of Pheriche where we will spend the night in a mountain lodge. Trekking time is 8 hours
Day 08: Rest Day at Pheriche
With these high elevations, it is important to let your body adjust and avoid altitude sickness. Today will be some short hikes around the village to enjoy the scenery and overlooks of the mountains.
Day 09: Trek from Pheriche to Lobuche (4910m) – 6 hours
Today, we will trek to Lobuche from Pheriche, which might take approximately6 hours. Our trek takes us upwards as we are getting nearer to EBC. There are stunning views along the way as we gain in altitude. Tonight we will spend the night at a mountain lodge in the beautiful mountain village of Lobuche.
Day 10: Trek from Lobuche to EBC (5360m) to Gorakshep (5160m) – 5 hours
Today is a big day for our trek because we reach our destination today: EBC (Everest Base Camp). We reach to the place where Sir Edmund Hillary and Sir Tenzing Norgay Sherpa made history by being the first men to climb the highest point of the world in 1953. We can't go any farther without a climbing permit, but we can explore EBC and enjoy the stunning views from this location. We will spend the night in Gorak Shep at a mountain lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Gorakshep to Kalapatthar (5545m) to EBC, return back to Lobuche – 8 hours
Today, we trek to Kalapatthar which lies at an altitude of 5545m. We reach the highest elevation today at Kalapatthar which will afford us the best view of Mt. Everest. We will spend a little time at Kalapatthar before moving on with the goal of Pheriche village where we will spend the night.
Day 12: Trek from Lobuche to Dingboche (4360m) – 4 hours
This day, we will have a short trek as we try to descend to Dingboche. On the way, we will pass through a famous sherpa village named Kyangjuma. We cross the Imja Khola River and will stop again at the monastery at Tengboche. There will be many places to see the snowcapped peaks of Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Thamserku, Lhotse as well as Mt. Everest. We will stay at a mountain lodge in Kyangjuma.
Day 13: Trek from Dingboche to Tengboche – 4 hours
Today, we continue our trek by further descending to the Village of Monjo. You will spot variety of wildlife and vegetation including the rare blue sheep, snow leopard, colorful pheasants, mountain goats and more. There are some steep places we will descend as we cross again the Dudh Koshi River and officially exit from Sagarmatha National Park.
Day 14: Trek from Namche to Lukla – 6 hours
Today is the last day of our trek as our last destination Lukla will be welcoming us through its warmthness. After reaching Lukla, we will stay at a loddge or a hotel and wait for tomorrow. Today, we will only trek for maximum of 6 hours.
Day 15: Flight back to Kathmandu – 35 minutes
We will fly early morning to Kathmandu where you will have a free day to explore the city, do some shopping or just have relax.
Day 16: Departure to your home cuntry
Our office representatives will escort you to the airport for your connecting flight home. It's been wonderful meeting you & knowing you all of these weeks. We are sure you've had the vacation of a lifetime & we hope you will pass on your experiences to the generations to come. We will remember you & also hope you will remember us in the days ahead. Take care!!! You can place any of your complaints, recommendations or suggestions regarding any matter. NAMASTE
UPPER BODY LAYERS
- Walking t-shirt -2 merino wool, capilene or synthetic fabric over cotton t-shirt which is quick dry.
- Sleeping t-shirt -1 it can be cotton.
- Thermal base layers top -1 mid weight long sleeved t-shirt of merino wool or polyester, capilene or polartec power dry.
- Insulating layers -1mid weight fleece that can be worn over other layers
- Fleece vest optional -advisable for those who feel cold
- Rain jacket -1 essential
- Down jacket -1 essential it’s very cold above 4,000 meters.
LOWER BODY LAYERS
- Underwear - enough for trek (notice you can wash along them along the way)
- Hiking trousers -2 quick dry and light weight trousers no cotton, but zip offs are good.
- Sleeping trousers 1 light weight yoga style evening sleeping, but no jeans.
- Trekking shorts -1 if no zips off trousers . below the knee for ladies.
- Rain pants -1 advisable
- Thermal long johns 1 for evening or sleeping.
- Duffle bag pack 1 to store excess luggage in at hotel. Soul Himalaya provides duffel bags for the duration of the trek. These are easier for the porters to carry.
- Day pack with rain cover -1to carry your personal items during the treks eg camera and chocolate, water.
- Sleeping bags -1 3season (4season oct-feb).
- Compression stuff sack -1 for sleeping bags.
- Trekking boots -1 must be well worn and comfortable with ankle support.
- Socks -3 good and warm enough and worth spending money on quality socks.
- Flip flops or camp shoes-1 light weight for evening use.
- Water bottles -2 one or two liters nalgene or sig style or a bladder. Bladders are preffered
- Water purification drops -1 it is cheap and easy to buy in Kathmandu (piyous).
- Lip balm -1 with SPF factors.
- Sunglass -1 essential good uv protection.
- Suncream we recommend SPF 30 greater.
- Bandana -1 this useful for a variety of purposes.
- Baseball head (cap) it is useful for sun during the hiking.
- Warm woolen hat -1 it is very useful evening and morning when we hike above the 3500m.
- Flash light or head torch -1head light is best as it leaves your hand free and extra batteries.
- Personal first aid kit -1 include any prescribed medication (should be your all personal medication).
- Travel towel -1 light weight and compact.
- Wash kit -1 travel items for the trek.
- Instant hand sanitizer -enough for trek and alcohol based for keeping your hands clean.
- Camera with charge and enough batteries for your treks
- Book or journal as you like.
- Pack of cards/travel board games for evening fun.
- Trekking snacks enough for trekking and good selection available in Kathmandu.
- Toilet roll and rubbish bag it is very important we don’t leave rubbish in the mountains.
- Trekking poles optional and advisable for anyone with knee issues.
- Gloves warm enough. Preferably warmers as well
- Neck warmer \Buff.
A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR AND ATTITUDE IS ESSENTIAL -DONT COME WITHOUT IT NAMASTE.
Note All of above the equipment you can get cheaply in Kathmandu. If you have any queries please feel free to ask.