Mardi Himal Trek
Located at the east of the ABC trek, the Mardi Himal Trek is one of the jeweled trekking regions in Nepal. With the awe inspiring views of Mardi Himal, Machapuchre, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli, the Mardi Himal trek is fulfilling in itself. The excursion of the intriguing wilderness, the tranquil Mardi Himal Base camp, the stunning flora and fauna blotched in a few areas, and the warm guesthouses and homestays add up to the thrill of the trek.
Moving alongsmall winding paths blanketed with rhododendron forest, only a hand full of tourists make their way towards the Mardi Himal Trek making it even more cryptic, undisturbed and hypnotic. After an elevation of 3300 m, the landscape drastically changes to a dry and jagged Himalayan setting with the mesmerizing views of the dominant Mardi Himal, Machapuchre, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli. Climbing the Mardi Himal Base Camp from the High Camp gives an exceptional view of the legendary Annapurna Range. The warm and friendly people offering homestays and guesthouses add to the reputation of the Mardi Himal Trek.
The carefully drafted 10 day itinerary offered by SOUL HIMALAYA TEKS AND TOURS guarantees safety amidst the worth-while time for both the veteran trekkers and the amateur and fervent trekkers who want to embark on an cheerytrek towards the stimulating and fascinatingMardi Himal.
Day 1: Flight Kathmandu – Pokhara (or drive 7 hrs) – drive to Kande (1 hrs) – trek to Pitam-Deurali (2100 m) 2.5 hrs
Day 2: Pitam-Deurali (2100 m) – Forest Camp (2550 m) 4-5 hrs
Day 3: Forest Camp (2550 m) – Low Camp (2990 m) 3 hrs
Day 4: Low Camp (2990 m) – High Camp (3580 m) 3 hrs
Day 5: Day hike to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4500 m) and return to High Camp (3580 m) 6-7 hrs
Day 6: High Camp (3580 m) – Sidhing (1850 m) 6 hrs
Day 7: Sidhing (1850 m) – Lumre 3 hrs – drive to Pokhara 3 hrs
Day 8: Flight or bus Pokhara – Kathmandu
UPPER BODY LAYERS
- Walking t-shirt -2 merino wool, capilene or synthetic fabric over cotton t-shirt which is quick dry.
- Sleeping t-shirt -1 it can be cotton.
- Thermal base layers top -1 mid weight long sleeved t-shirt of merino wool or polyester, capilene or polartec power dry.
- Insulating layers -1mid weight fleece that can be worn over other layers
- Fleece vest optional -advisable for those who feel cold
- Rain jacket -1 essential
- Down jacket -1 essential it’s very cold above 4,000 meters.
LOWER BODY LAYERS
- Underwear - enough for trek (notice you can wash along them along the way)
- Hiking trousers -2 quick dry and light weight trousers no cotton, but zip offs are good.
- Sleeping trousers 1 light weight yoga style evening sleeping, but no jeans.
- Trekking shorts -1 if no zips off trousers . below the knee for ladies.
- Rain pants -1 advisable
- Thermal long johns 1 for evening or sleeping.
- Duffle bag pack 1 to store excess luggage in at hotel. Soul Himalaya provides duffel bags for the duration of the trek. These are easier for the porters to carry.
- Day pack with rain cover -1to carry your personal items during the treks eg camera and chocolate, water.
- Sleeping bags -1 3season (4season oct-feb).
- Compression stuff sack -1 for sleeping bags.
- Trekking boots -1 must be well worn and comfortable with ankle support.
- Socks -3 good and warm enough and worth spending money on quality socks.
- Flip flops or camp shoes-1 light weight for evening use.
- Water bottles -2 one or two liters nalgene or sig style or a bladder. Bladders are preffered
- Water purification drops -1 it is cheap and easy to buy in Kathmandu (piyous).
- Lip balm -1 with SPF factors.
- Sunglass -1 essential good uv protection.
- Suncream we recommend SPF 30 greater.
- Bandana -1 this useful for a variety of purposes.
- Baseball head (cap) it is useful for sun during the hiking.
- Warm woolen hat -1 it is very useful evening and morning when we hike above the 3500m.
- Flash light or head torch -1head light is best as it leaves your hand free and extra batteries.
- Personal first aid kit -1 include any prescribed medication (should be your all personal medication).
- Travel towel -1 light weight and compact.
- Wash kit -1 travel items for the trek.
- Instant hand sanitizer -enough for trek and alcohol based for keeping your hands clean.
- Camera with charge and enough batteries for your treks
- Book or journal as you like.
- Pack of cards/travel board games for evening fun.
- Trekking snacks enough for trekking and good selection available in Kathmandu.
- Toilet roll and rubbish bag it is very important we don’t leave rubbish in the mountains.
- Trekking poles optional and advisable for anyone with knee issues.
- Gloves warm enough. Preferably warmers as well
- Neck warmer \Buff.
A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR AND ATTITUDE IS ESSENTIAL -DONT COME WITHOUT IT NAMASTE.
All of above the equipment you can get cheaply in Kathmandu. If you have any queries please feel free to ask.