Niremkha Peak Everest Region
- Country: Nepal
- Trip grade: Adventure
- Destination: Everest Region
- Activities: Peak Climbing & Trekking
- Accommodation: Good Hotel in Kathmandu
- Meals: Included during the trek
- Maximum altitude: 6159m
- Group size: Minimum pax 2
- Best Season: Spring and Atum
Niremkha (6,159 m) is located in the khumbu region close to the well- known Cho la crossing between Gokyo and Lobuche. The peak lies just west of Lobuche west. It’s a great route for experienced alpine climbers. The ascent is mostly on ice and snow but demands good fitness and acclimatization as most of the difficult climbing is above 5800m.
Though the peak can be reached via the valley above Drabnag on the route to the Cho La pass, it is easier and safer to start at Kanchung Base camp (5,250 m) near the Gaunara Glacier. The summit is reachable in nine hours from there in god conditions. Both routes converge on the Cho La Col (5,690 m) and continue along the West-Ridge that consists of snow and loose rock getting continually steeper towards the summit. There are two distinct summits of near equal height and the south Summit is easier to reach.
Day 01: pick up from the Int'L Airport, transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley.
Day 03: Flight from kathmandu to Lukla and trek to Phakding.
Day 04: Phakding to Namache Bazar.
Day 05: Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar.
Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Dole.
Day 07: Dole to Mochremo.
Day 08: Mochermo to Gokyo.
Day 09: Gokyo to Gokyo RI and Gokyo.
Day 10: Gokgyo to Thangna.
Day 11: Thangna to Nirekha Base Camp.
Day 12: Acclimatization at Nirekha Base camp.
Day 13: Nirekha Base Camp to High Camp.
Day 14: High Camp to Nirekha Summit (6169m) return to Base Camp.
Day 15: Nirekha Base Camp to over chola pass and Camp at Zongla.
Day 16: Zongla to Gorackshep.
Day 17: Gorackshep to Kalapather and retron to Labuche.
Day 18: Labuche to Dingboche.
Day 19: Dingboche to Tangboche Monestry.
Day 20: Tangboche to Namche Bazaar.
Day 21: Nacme Bazaar to Lukla.
Day 22: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight.
Day 23: free day in Kathmandu.
Day 24: Transfer to International Airport and fly home.
- Climbing harness
- Ice axe
- Mountaineering boots
- AscenderDescender/Abseil device
- Snow bar
- Ice hammer
- Helmet (optional)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Fleece jacket with wind-Stopper
- Waterproof shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (can hire here in Nepal also)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees Fahrenheit
- Trekking poles (sticks)
- Trek bag-pack (provided by soul himalaya treks
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Daypack (approximately 2,500 to 3,000 cubic inches)
- Thermo-rest sleeping pad
- Water bottles
- Small wash towel
- Quick drying towel (medium sized)
- Soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Tooth brush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Face and body moisturizer
- Nail clippers
- Small mirror
- Tissue paper/ toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial Hand wash
- Extras/ luxuries
- Trail Map/Guide book
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks