Langtang Ganaja la Pass
- Country: Nepal
- Trip grade: Difficult
- Destination: Langtang region
- Activities: Trekking and Cultural Hike
- Accommodation: Two Night Hotel in Kathmandu and Camping during the trek
- Meals: Included
- Maximum altitude: 5300M
- Group size: 10
- Best Season: Best seasons are Autumn (September to November) and Spring (March to May)nd Spring (March to May)
Ganja la Pass trekking is an adventurous trek which takes us to the natural beauty of the Langtang valley, including the splendidness of the pass (i.e. Ganja la pass). The trek entertains us with the artistic vistas of Langtang Lirung, Ganesh HimalDorje Lakpa, Yala Peak, Naya Kanga and Gaurishankar. Ganja La Pass Trekking Offers the culmination of wilderness along with the rich customs and traditions. The warmthness which will be provided by the inhabitants of Langtang Region is no less than the service provided by the star hotels. Although, all most all of the inhabitants of this region are of Tibetan origin, they are now totally Nepalese citizens.As the country is blessed with good grasslands it's very convenient for local yak herds. In each step one takes, nature will startle them with its beauty.
The trail passes through the small village of Langtang, where many of the inhabitants can be seen churning rich yak milk into butter and a destination ahead is KyanjinGompa which also is the last permanent settlement in the Valley. There is a small monastery, a cheese factory and amazingly built lodges. Kyanjin makes a good base for further exploration of the upper Langtang Valley. There is a giant view point from where the overall view of the ridged peaks can be seen, the valley looks eyegasmic. Most of the people take the opportunity to explore the heaven from viewpoint (4,984m) which is almost three hours walk from the base of Kyanjin. Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lhakpa and Phurbi Chyanchucircle the Kyanjin valley and anyone making up to that place breathes the nature for sure.
|Trip start||Trip end||Status||Price||Book Now|
- Trip start: 8th October, 2019
- Trip end: 21st October, 2019
- Status: Available
- Price: US$ 2,150
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu. 1,350m
After the arrival of you're at Tribhuwan International Airport, our customer receiving member will greet with attractive preparations and will drive you up to the booked hotel from the means of your comfort. If your arrival is accurate as planned then, we will also take you to well-hygienic restaurant along with opportunity to take a short glimpse over the taste of foods, entertaining dances, etc. of different ethnic castes of Nepal and if the arrival is late then we may do this in next day. Next day morning, you will be taken to the head office and you will be told about your trekking routes, activities, destinations and their time periods briefly. Then, we will introduce you to your trekking guide.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and trek preparation1350m
in day second , you will taken to a full day tour of Kathmandu city after your breakfast where you will be briefly told about each destination centers like about their history, area, founder, time of establishment, etc. and also your extra curiosities on certain sectors by trekking guide. You will be taken to places that are included in world heritage sites by UNESCO like Boudhanath, Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, etc. After finishing the city tour, we will meet again to check your clothing and trekking equipment (sleeping bag, jacket and trekking boots). We will actually be spending nights also in Kathmandu
DAY 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi. 1700m 7 hours
this day, we drive uphill along the northern hills of Kathmandu along with the roaring Trishuli River to Dhunche. Then we descend down to Syabrubesi. We stay at Syabrubesi for the night.
DAY 4: Hike from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel.2480m 6 hours
This day, we follow the path of Langtang River and we cross many suspension bridges today on our way. Though there are constant ups and downs along the trail it is an easy trek. We keep on experiencing the impenetrable views of the mountains and local lifestyle.
DAY 5: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang village. 3541m 7 hours
This day, we pass through the lush green vegetation as we climb towards Langtang. The view of Langtang Lirung visible on the way restarts you and your mind too. We pass across water mills, prayer wheels and Chortens on our way. We stay at the local village for the night.
DAY 6: Hike from Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa 3900m 4 hours
This day, we continue our journey of Ganja La Pass trek. From Langtang Valley the trail climbs gradually to Sindum and to Yamphu. Crossing Laja River, we reach the viewpoint from where we can observe Kyanjin Gompa and the beautiful icefall from Langtang Lirung. The path is then downhill until we arrive at Kyanjin Gompa.
DAY 7: Climb Tsergo Ri and return back to Kyanjin Gompa 3900m 7/8 hours
The climb to the Tsergo Ri is one of the hardest treks you will experience in your life. But, the pain is converted into pleasure and happiness by one of the most beautiful view of the great mountains. We return back to Kyanjin Gompa for the overnight. Note: The Tsergo Ri is found to be above 5000 m above the sea level.
DAY 8: Trek through Ganja La Phedi.4800m 5/6 hours
This day, crossing the Langtang River and climbing through forests of rhododendrons, we enjoy the natural beauty and tranquility. The time taken to pass via the Ganja La depends upon the ongoing season.
DAY 9: Cross the Ganja La Pass 5160M and walk to Keldang.4300m 7 hours
This day, we follow the trail to cross Ganja La-Pass. This pass is considered to be one of the most breathtaking pass of the whole country. It is covered with snow throughout the year. Ganja La, lying on the rocky moraine offers the splendid views. We come across boulders and small lakes as we ascend to the summit. After reaching the peak, we descend towards Keldang.
DAY 10: Hike from Keldang to Yak Kharka.3500M 6 hours
We hike from Keldang to Yak Kharka. As we lose altitude, the vegetation around gradually becomes dense and begin to surround us.
DAY 11: Further descend to Tarke Gyang. 2550m 6 hours
We descend further from yak Kharka to Tarke Gyang this day. This day can cover an altitude decrease of more than 1500m.
DAY 12: Trek from Tarke Gyang to Sermathang2530m 4 hours
This day, we enter the Helambu Region as we pass through the small forest. Sermathang is an awesome place to learn about lifestyle of distinctive mountainous culture and lifestyle.
DAY 13: Hike to Melamchi Pool Bazaar and drive back to Kathmandu. 1350m 6/7 hours
This day, we reach the final destination of our trek. We encounter a beautiful Sherpa village named Melamchi Pool village. We will drive back to Kathmandu enjoying the natural scenery along the highway.
Day 14: Departure
Our office representatives will escort you to the airport for your connecting flight home. It's been wonderful meeting you & knowing you all of these weeks. We are sure you've had the vacation of a lifetime & we hope you will pass on your experiences to the generations to come. We will remember you & also hope you will remember us in the days ahead. Take care!!! You can place any of your complaints, recommendations or suggestions regarding any matter.
- UPPER BODY LAYERS
- Walking t-shirt -2 merino wool, capilene or synthetic fabric over cotton t-shirt which is quick dry.
- Sleeping t-shirt -1 it can be cotton.
- Thermal base layers top -1 mid weight long sleeved t-shirt of merino wool or polyester, capilene or polartec power dry.
- Insulating layers -1mid weight fleece that can be worn over other layers
- Fleece vest optional -advisable for those who feel cold
- Rain jacket -1 essential
- Down jacket -1 essential it’s very cold above 4,000 meters.
- LOWER BODY LAYERS
- Underwear - enough for trek (notice you can wash along them along the way)
- Hiking trousers -2 quick dry and light weight trousers no cotton, but zip offs are good.
- Sleeping trousers 1 light weight yoga style evening sleeping, but no jeans.
- Trekking shorts -1 if no zips off trousers . below the knee for ladies.
- Rain pants -1 advisable
- Thermal long johns 1 for evening or sleeping.
- Duffle bag pack 1 to store excess luggage in at hotel. Soul Himalaya provides duffel bags for the duration of the trek. These are easier for the porters to carry.
- Day pack with rain cover -1to carry your personal items during the treks eg camera and chocolate, water.
- Sleeping bags -1 3season (4season oct-feb).
- Compression stuff sack -1 for sleeping bags.
- Trekking boots -1 must be well worn and comfortable with ankle support.
- Socks -3 good and warm enough and worth spending money on quality socks.
- Flip flops or camp shoes-1 light weight for evening use.
- MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS
- Water bottles -2 one or two liters nalgene or sig style or a bladder. Bladders are preffered
- Water purification drops -1 it is cheap and easy to buy in Kathmandu (piyous).
- Lip balm -1 with SPF factors.
- Sunglass -1 essential good uv protection.
- Suncream we recommend SPF 30 greater.
- Bandana -1 this useful for a variety of purposes.
- Baseball head (cap) it is useful for sun during the hiking.
- Warm woolen hat -1 it is very useful evening and morning when we hike above the 3500m.
- Flash light or head torch -1head light is best as it leaves your hand free and extra batteries.
- Personal first aid kit -1 include any prescribed medication (should be your all personal medication).
- Travel towel -1 light weight and compact.
- Wash kit -1 travel items for the trek.
- Instant hand sanitizer -enough for trek and alcohol based for keeping your hands clean.
- Camera with charge and enough batteries for your treks
- Book or journal as you like.
- Pack of cards/travel board games for evening fun.
- Trekking snacks enough for trekking and good selection available in Kathmandu.
- Toilet roll and rubbish bag it is very important we don’t leave rubbish in the mountains.
- Trekking poles optional and advisable for anyone with knee issues.
- Gloves warm enough. Preferably warmers as well
- Neck warmer \Buff.
- A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR AND ATTITUDE IS ESSENTIAL -DONT COME WITHOUT IT NAMASTE.
- All of above the equipment you can get cheaply in Kathmandu. If you have any queries please feel free to ask.
- www.soulhimalayatreks.com email@example.com