With the height of 8167m, Dhaulagiri stays as the seventh highest peak in the world. It is situated in the western part of Nepal. Dhaulagiri trekking route is touted to be very challenging to the trekkers as it is newly open. Kaski and Manang are the districts that falls under this region. The walk through the trails of this region is really adventurous, as this region possesses dramatic formation of geography.
This area offers a much greater sense of exploration for those who are keen to see a piece of wild mountain country while crossing over French pass (5360 meter) and Thapa Pass (5200 meter). Most of the parts are supposed to be an icy track which for sure is a thrilling experience to any trekking enthusiast. This region also provides an opportunity to encounter with the Tibetan Buddhist culture throughout the Himalayas. The deepest gorge in the world, Gandaki gorge is also what this region has to offer.
Dhaulagiri is also an ethnically-diverse region where Gurung, Tamang, Manange, Thakali community resides. This isolated region is a home to barking deer, Himalayan griffons, Snow pigeon, Butterflies, Impeyan, Pheasants, Blue sheep, Snow leopard, Jackals and many more. Many varieties of plants like hemlock, silver fir, orchids, edelweiss, corydalis, campanulas, anemones, forget me not, impatient wild rose larkspurs, geraniums, saxifrages, poppies sedums and many more bloom in different parts of this region. With many attractions, the beauty of Dhaulagiri is appealing.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2: Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara and drive to Darbang 1110m/6-7 hours
Day 3: Trek from Darbang to Sibang 1780m/6-7 hours
Day 4: Trek from Sibang to Naura 1570m/4-5 hours OR Bagar 2080m/7-8 hours
Day 5: Trek from Naura OR Bagar to Dobhan 2520m/5-7 hours
Day 6: Trek from Dobhan to Italian Base Camp 3660m/7-8 hours
Day 7: Acclimatization Day
Day 8: Trek from Italian Base Camp to Japanese Base Camp 3890m/4-5 hours
Day 9: Trek from Japanese Base Camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp 4748m/4-5 hours
Day 10: Acclimatization Day
Day 11: Trek from Dhaulagiri Base Camp to Hidden Valley 5140m/ 6-7 hours walking via French Pass 5360m
Day 12: Reserve Day for bad weather or rest day
Day 13: Trek from Hidden Valley to Yak Kharka 4200m/5-6 hours walking via Dhampus Pass 5244m,
Day 14: Trek from Yak Kharka to Jomsom 2720m/4-5 hours walking via Marpha
Day 15: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara and transfer to hotel.
Day 16: Fly from Pokhara or Drive to Kathmandu
Day 17: Final Departure from Kathmandu
UPER BODY LAYERS
• Walking t-shirt -2 merino wool, capilene or synthetic fabric over cotton t-shirt which is quick dry.
• Sleeping t-shirt -1 it is can be cotton
• Thermal base layers top -1mid weight long sleeved t-shirt of merino wool or polyester ,capilene or polartec power dry
• Insulating layers -1mid wight fleece that can be worm over other layers
• Fleece vest optional -advisable for those who feel cold
• Rain jacket -1 essential
• Down jacket -1 essential its very cold up high or depend how high are you going.
• LOWER BODY LAYERS
• Underwear - enough for trek (notice you can wash along them along the way)
• Hiking trousers -2 quick dry and light wight trousers no cotton but zip offs are good.
• Sleeping trousers 1 light wight yoga style evening sleeping but no jeans.
• Trekking shorts -1 if no zips off trousers . below the knee for ladies.
• Rain pants -1 advisable
• Thermal long johns 1 for evening or sleeping.
• Duffle bag pack 1 to store excess luggage in at hotel. but SHTT provides duffel bags for the duration of trek these are easier for the potters to cary.
• Day pack with rain cover -1for cary your personal items during the treks eg camera and chocolate water.
• Sleeping bags -1 3season (4season oct-feb).
• Compression stuff sack -1 for sleeping bags.
• Trekking boots -1 must be well worm and comfortable with ankle support.
• Socks -3 good and worm enough
• Flip flops or camp shoes-1 light wight for evening use.
• MISCELLANEOUS TIMES
• Water bottles -2 one or two liters nalgene or sig style or a bladder as you like.
• Water purification drops -1 it is cheep and easy to buy in kathmandu (piyous).
• Lip balm -1 with SPF factors.
• Sunglass -1 essential good uv protection.
• Suncream we recommend SPF 30 greater.
• Bandana -1 this useful for a variety of purposes.
• Baseball head (cap) it is useful for sun during the hiking.
• Worm woolen head -1 it is very useful evening and morning when we hike above the 3500m.
• Flash light or head torch -1head light is best as it leaves your hand free and extra batteries.
• Personal first aid kit -1 include any prescribed medication (should be your all personal medication).
• Travel towel -1 light wight and compact.
• Wash kit -1 travel itms for the trek.
• Instant hand sanitizer -enough for trek and alcohol based for keeping your hand clean.
• Camera with charge and enough batteries for your treks
• Book or journal as you like.
• Pack of cadrs for evening fun.
• Trekking snacks enough for trekking and good selection available in kathmandu.
• Toilet roll and rubbish bag it is very important we don’t leave rubbish in mountain.
• Trekking poles optional advisable for anyone with knee issues.
• Gloves worm enough.
• Nack wormer \Buff.
• A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR AND ATTITUDE IT IS ESSENTIAL -DONT COME WITHOUT IT NAMASTE .
• All of above the equipment you can get cheaply in kathmandu.If you have any queries please feel free to ask.
• www.soulhimalayatreks.com firstname.lastname@example.org